135 Comments

• Posted October 15, 2010 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Hi~ Keith^^ I’m Hannah…(Do you know me? I’m in your 9am class.^^;)
    All of a sudden I remembered your site. So I visited here.
    I just read the introduction of “Horror Writing”.
    I think it is enough to attract people’s attention.
    I wanted to read chapter1, but there were a lot of words that I didn’t know.
    Don’t you have the plan that translate English into Korean? haha…^^
    Anyway… The important thing is that I didn’t know that you were writing your novels like this. I just guessed you had the dream, read many books and write just in your notes. But you are living the dream being an author! This fact is so impressing.
    The class in this session is remained just 1week. Thank you for your teaching^^
    See you next Monday~!!

• Posted March 2, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

I love the look of your blog. White on black doesn’t bother me one little bit. I personally like white on medium blue. So, we seem to be in the same club.
    Carol recently posted..Untethered- Fantasy- sci-fi- paranormal- mystery You decide

• Posted April 27, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

hi keith,great site,and welcome home,lol you know you are only across the road from me and i never seen you yet!guess you are a mystery.

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

I’m an old (70yrs) science fiction reader who enjoyed “The Bear That Fell From The Stars” A unique approach I must say.

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

WOW….just finished ‘Missing Boatman’ and then TORE through ‘Mountain Man’ inside of like two days…

In a word: AWESOME. ‘Boatman’ might be the most creative horror / thriller I’ve read in the past three years, and well ‘Mountain Man’ just skyrocketed into my top three zombie books of all time.

I’m downloading ‘Cauldron Gristle’ right now, and at present can’t get enough of this guy’s horror / thriller material.

Keith…if you’re out there…Dude. You’ve got TALENT. This coming from a lifelong horror junkie and self-professed connoisseur. ‘Boatman’ struck me similar to an early King, before he began trading on his name and phoning it in to meet his contractual obligations. ‘Mountain Man’ is right up there with ‘World War Z’ in my opinion. You ***MUST*** keep this up. More horror / thriller content. PLEASE. Do it for the puppy.

Your new biggest fan,

– Savage

• Posted January 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

AMAZING – just….wow.

“Missing Boatman” reminds me of an early Stephen King novel (before he started trading on his name and just phoning it in) and “Mountain Man” has just skyrocketed to my top three zombie books of all time. This coming from a lifelong fan of the horror / thriller genre, and a self-professed connoisseur.

YOU SIR, have talent. “Boatman” made Koontz’s last half-dozen soul-less offerings look…well…soul-less. “Mountain Man” captured both the black humor that is a must-have in a good zombie flick as well as the gritty post-apocalyptic feel that’s also a pre-requisite.

More. MOAR!!!!! More horror / thriller content, PLEASE. Do it. Do it NOW. Do it for puppies or for turbo-charged jet skis or for love. Just do it.

Your new biggest fan,

– Savage

• Posted February 20, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

just finished Mountain Man. EXCELLENT. I can’t believe this book isn’t more famous. I hope you write more books in the Mountain Man Universe.

• Posted March 1, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Mountain Man sequal! Please! ASAP!

• Posted March 5, 2012 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Just discovered ‘Mountain Man’ by accident looking at recommended user picks on my Kindle. About half way into it…AWESOME. Being from Nova Scotia, I love the setting of the book as it makes it even more personal. Please write more books in this universe!

Planning on picking up Missing Boatman when I finish this one (which won’t be long at the rate I’m reading it)

• Posted March 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

I purchased Mountain Man this weekend and have already finished it. I can’t wait to read the sequel.
    I will keep checking back.

Keep up the good work. 5 Stars, will do business again.

Jonathan

• Posted March 23, 2012 at 7:21 am | Permalink

Reading Mountain Man right now.
    Just wanted to compliment you on your writing style. I think you are a gifted writer. I have read a lot of books, and lately I can’t seem to find a book by an author that makes me feel like I am “in” the story. So much telling, so little showing. You have a talent in showing, and making the reader feel, without saying “feel”.
    I hope your next book is a little lighter on the swear words.

• Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:27 am | Permalink

I am hooked. Mountain Man was fantastic and I’m really looking forward to MM2. Please keep it up!!

• Posted April 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

I just finished Mountain Man and I must say – it was the BEST zombie book I have read ever. I am actually sad that I have to wait for more. Please tell us the next one is sooner rather than later… PLEASE!

• Posted April 4, 2012 at 12:27 am | Permalink

Just read Mountain Man and I loved it. I have read over 200 zombie books and it was one of my favorites! Sequel please!

• Posted April 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Just finished Mountain Man and I liked it. Its raw and honest without a lot of political bs or plugs for some product your selling or something. (Unless you’re peddling Benelli’s) I can live with that. I can see there is still a lot of life left in this story line at the end. Are you planning on doing an additional novel? Thumb typing sucks. I need another drink….

• Posted April 12, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Finished Mountain Man in one sitting last night. It was FANTASTIC. I read a lot of zombie shlock horror and it was absolutely one of the best out there. I can’t believe you didn’t get a publishing house to pick it up. I cannot WAIT for the sequel. Will be downloading your other work.

• Posted April 12, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

Keith,
    I just finished reading Mountain Man. I am very impressed and can’t wait for the sequel. You Sir are very talented……I read all the Stephen King…..I read all the Dean Koontz…..I want to now read all the Keith Blackmore…..Those publisher’s F’d up…..You are a $$$$

Keep it up…..

Cease

• Posted April 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

I read a lot, but usually not horror/ zombie stories. Mountain Man came up on Stumble Upon, so I decided to give it a try. Am I ever glad that I did! It’s a terrific read…good pacing, great characters. I’m going to check out more of the aithor’s work.
    Keep up the good work.

• Posted April 18, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Me thinks you are now beyond the family and friends stage, thus it is time to lift the veil =:) To put in perspective, MM came out at around the same time as Robert Crais’s latest (Taken), which has the benefit of a national multimedia marketing campaign and is available in every format and at every library! So how many Amazon reviews does “Taken” have? 148! How many reviews does MM have? 56! And just as many in the last 10-days.

• Posted April 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Wow. I really hope you make it big man. You certainly deserve it. Mountain man was phenomenal. So real. I need more man. Haha

• Posted April 26, 2012 at 2:38 am | Permalink

Keith! I just finished reading Mountain Man….best thing I’ve read in quite a while dude! Top class story telling. Up there with King! So glad you went indie…the world is a scarier place;-)

• Posted April 28, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Keith,

Bordeaux Dogue from Portugal, here. After reading the Troll Hunter ans 131 Days I just downloaded all your work!

I love to find another new author to follow. What a joy!

Keep up the good work, but get into the Gladiaors asap. You avnnot give us those guys and then just leave us out to dry…..

• Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

read both books of mountain man, from italy through kindle for ipad. real good novels, full of actions but still with detailed and well drawn characters and original twist in the zombie genre
    waiting for third and even more books

• Posted May 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Great stuff! You are doing what I always wanted to do but… Anyway Keep up the great writing (love the MM series!) and perhaps you’ll be reading some of mine, someday.

KEL

• Posted May 16, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Just through up a review for ya on Amazon. Safari, 5 stars. wished I could have given a 6th. Great work, keep going, You write them I will buy them. I spammed all my friends Facebook walls with links to your work.

• Posted May 21, 2012 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Loved Mountain Man! I put that in my top 10 in the genre, it was gritty, detailed, suspenseful and well written. Do you plan a sequel? It would make a great film too I think.

• Posted May 23, 2012 at 3:25 am | Permalink

I live in Alaska and totally clicked with the Mountain Man and sequel. He would fit right in up here! Your writing is the best I’ve seen in 50+ post apocalyptic books I’ve read. I wish you continued success in your writing.I’m an aficionado of your writing. I’m buying the rest of your books.

• Posted June 6, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I just finished reading The Troll Hunter and I loved it! Keith’s style reminds me of Robert E Howard who is among my favorite authors of all time. I have added every single eBook Keith has to my Wish List on Amazon and I plan to get another one tonight… just have to decide which one to get!

Keep writing Keith and I will keep reading!!! Love your stuff!

• Posted June 13, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Just finished your two Mountain Man books after buying through Amazon. I have to say I loved them. I’ve read a great deal of zombie literature lately and have to say this stands out by virtue of making a likeable anti-hero. It was amusing when Gus makes reference to I am legend but a more appropriate comparison would be Tom Hanks’ Castaway (and his relationship with Wilson)… Very much looking forward to the 3rd book and Scott’s adventures. I’m now having a look at your other titles on Amazon as well. Keep up the great work!

• Posted August 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Mountain Man and Safari are amazing. I literally couldn’t put them down. I am waiting on the edge of my seat for volume 3. My husband has instructions to buy it for me for Christmas, unless it comes out sooner. It reminds me of a combination of Patriots by James Wesley Rawles and The Walking Dead TV Series – both favorites of mine.

I am excited to learn more about the newlt introduced charcter. Adam and his family, and how they have survived this long. I am hoping Scott is still alive! Maybe Gus even finds a girl?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and having your ideas published.

Patiently waiting,
    Heidi

• Posted September 21, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Just finishing reading boatman and enjoyed it completely! Your mountain man books have really helped me get through my addiction for everything zombie. I hope there is more to come from this series – I will never think about rats or Capt Morgan the same way again. You are a brilliant writer and think outside the box. Keep up the great work

• Posted September 22, 2012 at 3:26 am | Permalink

Hey Keith! I’m very excited for the third book of the series “Mountain Man”. 🙂 so happy to hear that Gus is still alive, keep up the great work! 😀 and thanks for the entertainment

• Posted September 24, 2012 at 2:52 am | Permalink

I’m proud of you me old trout! Here’s to ya, and looking forward to reading more.

• Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:20 am | Permalink

Just finished the double paperback of Mountain Man/Safari. Really enjoyed it and put a review up on Amazon UK. Look forward to the next adventure of Gus and Scott.

David – Manchester UK

• Posted October 24, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink

I just finished Mountain Man, and like so many others here I am impressed by your writing acumen. I’ve just purchased MM2 and downloaded to my Kindle, and I’m looking forward to picking back up on Gus’, Scott and perhaps Tenner’s next adventure.

I really wasn’t enthusiastic about such a flawed leading character, but after he stopped scratching his “tackle” I sort of became fond of old Gus!

Best of luck, I and look forward to reading more of your fine work.

Art

• Posted November 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

Just read Mountain man I could not put it down I finished at around 4 A.M. EST and immedietly proceeded to download Safari to my kindle. I found both books to be very disturbing, entertaining and funny. I’m very much looking foward to the next installment.

• Posted December 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Ok so I started reading a sample of Mountain Man… and got hooked.
    So when I went to download the full version I saw The Hospital was The Begining of The Mountain Man, and downloaded it as well as the Mountain book.
    This story pulled me in right away- so thank you for that!
    And yes, I do plan on reading Safari when I’m done with these. 🙂
    Thanks for making this an easy buy.

• Posted January 17, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Just finished Hellifax and sure hope there is a Mountain Man 4. Great work from a fan in South Texas. Thanks for the great books.

• Posted February 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I just finished Helifax and The Hospital. I don’t think there’s an author out there who writes better action sequences. Thoroughly enjoyable. Loved the new characters and hope there’s more, more, more!

• Posted February 19, 2013 at 9:26 am | Permalink

I’ve read all three of the mountain man books and enjoyed them very much. It has been a great series and I hope there is a future book.

• Posted February 23, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Just finished the third mountain man book. All 3 were excellent books. I really enjoyed them. Really hoping that you will write a forth one with Gus and Scott finding each other. Keep up the great work.

• Posted March 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

People that don’t write don’t understand how tough it really is to get something published. It’s just as hard to even get stuff read. I’ve been sent packing and told publishing houses won’t read anything sent to them without an agent rep. Then agents tell me to come back once I’m published and they will happily read and maybe represent. Sigh. I loved your mountain man take on a zombie series and I am glad you Indies published to give us a chance to read it. It was layered and had real grounded characters you could root for. Thank you.

• Posted March 10, 2013 at 7:24 am | Permalink

I’ve read all three of your Mountain Man books! Loved them and can’t wait for a fourth! Your loyal readers need to be able to read about Scott and Gus finding each other. Keep up the great work!

• Posted March 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

even though im 14 i loved your mountain man series and i feel it has finished randomly, i believe it has unfinished buisness between gus and scott please make a forth book! Keep up the good work 🙂

• Posted March 23, 2013 at 11:21 am | Permalink

I’ve just finished Hellifax and absolutely adore mountain man series!Wish you health,luck!You’re one of the best writes in zombie genre!

• Posted April 5, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Loved Mountain Man, and Safari. About to dive into Hospital and Hellifax. I’m hoping after your zombie vacation, there will be a book 4 reuniting Scott & Gus. I’ve read a lot of Z books and Gus is such a unique character. It felt like the abuse you gave Gus in Safari was your subconscious wanting to kill him, but I’m glad instead you put him out to pasture. I look forward to the deadheads arrival at that pasture.

• Posted April 13, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Been an avid reader always, and most of my adult life have prided myself on being drawn to the classics, and dense fiction. In the past few years, however, zombie stories have been my guilty pleasure. So much so, I am ashamed to admit the number of stories I have downloaded to my Kindle.

Without a doubt, no question, your Mountain Man series is the best – for plot, pacing, characterization, writing and editing there’s no equal in this genre.

You’re no slump in the short story department either, Mr. Blackmore. So happy that you, indie publishing and e-books coalesced. Otherwise, I’d never be able to indulge.

Keep em coming!

• Posted May 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I just finished Mountain Man. Great story and well written. I read a lot of authors in this genre and you are the best. I wish you luck and will do my part by spending my money and referring you to others. Well done.

• Posted May 9, 2013 at 9:32 am | Permalink

just finished up the Mountain Man set. great books. Very well written and loved the characters. You definately have to reunite Scott and Gus. But take a break from zombies and come back with the big finale!

BTW loved the inclusion of the “other” zombies. Nice addition.

• Posted May 10, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Finished the Mountain Main set minutes ago and visited the website to see if there was any news on #4. I loved this series and hope your plans for a fourth book are taking shape. I plan on checking out your other books on Amazon and look forward to Gus and Scott’s reunion.

• Posted May 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Greetings from India.

Wow. Just awesome. I could not put down this book and I was so much into it as though I was with Gus the whole time, takin shots from Capt Morgan, the foppish bastard 🙂

I just finished Mountain Man book 1. Proceeding onto book 2. Superbly written. Best among zombie fiction. Thanks again. Will recommend this to everyone I know.

• Posted May 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

In the last 2 weeks I have read the whole Mountain Man series. Awesome books!!! Hope to see more of Gus & Scott! 🙂

• Posted July 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Ok…so I have to say I just finished White Sands, and have to say it was some more great work from you. It did kinda seem like He Dog may be back later after he finds the Kratoe? Hmm… MM4? I did see the 131 came out so I may have to check that out…Anyway, thanks.

• Posted July 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Just read the Mountain Man series in a span of two weeks! Would have been faster than that if I’d had the time. Did not want to put it down! Can’t wait to check out your other stuff and see what new ideas you come up with in the future! I’ve been spreading the word about your great work. Its awesome that you’re an indie author and that your fan base is growing so rapidly.
    You’ve got a new fan in North Carolina!

• Posted November 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

I felt compelled to comment in favor of MM4.

I have a special spot for good zombie stories. I have read over 200 of them in my years. Some touched me, some were decent, some were crap. It might have been my mindset when I first read MM1, because of Halloween, but I connected with Gus on so many levels. I love the characters you make and your ability to make me care about them.
    I read you were tired of writing about zombies and I can relate. Let it be known, I am not tired of hearing your tales of them!

• Posted November 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

I just finished MM3 and now awaiting you to finish MM4. I can’t wait to see where you take the story, as well as Gus and Scott’s reunion. I love the island and that was a clever idea you had, so hopefully you’ll let us in on how their lives were on the island. Make sure Amy is well too. Thanks for the awesome books Keith.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Keith,
    I enjoyed the Mountain Man series and can’t wait for the follow up. I too was extremely impressed with your writing style. After having read the likes of King, McCammon and Koontz for so many years it was refreshing to finally see a wholly different style. If being an Indie writer brought this kind of dedication and love for what you do to the story, than I am glad you never went mainstream. Thank you so much for the books and the good work.

• Posted July 26, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

I just finished Mountain Man !,and I loved it …but was far tooooo short …and I hope the trials and days living among the dead, will be continued, for Gus And Scott…By the,way…saw the thing with Roxie coming…Just can trust a witch with a trashy mouth…when all you did was save ger sorry butt !

• Posted August 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Keith,

OK I just finally got to finish up the mountain man series. It was great. I’m an avid reader of the zombie genre and MM definitely hit some things I’ve often thought about …. I applaude your work and the direction you Took the story and with Tenner etc. (Gonna try to be cryptic… I certainly don’t want to leave any spoilers!!!! Hoping for a 4th in the series…. Seriously…. Any day now…. I need to know about… Well you know!!!!!
    While I wait…. Looks like I’ll move on to boatman! Keep it up! Great work!

• Posted September 4, 2014 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Mr. Blackmore,

I was introduced to your work via Audible with The Hospital. I then went on to audio Mountain Man and am now on Safari. These stories are really good. I love the flow of the story as well as the time you put into showing how seclusion can have an affect on the mind.

I can’t wait to audio Hellifax and see more on Scott’s side of things.

Keep up the good work. If you are doing a book signing let the community know as we would love to meet the author.

• Posted September 23, 2014 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Hi Keith
    Just like to say how much I enjoyed your mountain series books 1 to 3. I listened to them on audio during my travels (through Audiobooks). I ended up listening to them through the night as I couldn’t wait for them to reach a conclusion. Obvious question is are there any plans for a book 4, as apocalyptic stories can’t help but prick my imagination about what comes next, and next, etc.

• Posted September 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Glad you liked the audiobooks. Just check my blog there, and you’ll see updates and answers to your questions. Short answer, yes, there’s a MM4 and soon…

• Posted October 26, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

I just finished 131 days and am looking forward to the next installment. Very entertaining.

• Posted October 27, 2014 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Happy to hear it, Eric–thank you for the note!

• Posted November 7, 2014 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

I’ve read your mountain man series as well as listened to it on audiobook. I originally found your series looking for series similar to those by D.J Molle (The Remaining). I love your writing style and now I’m always on the lookout for books with similar style now. I also think the narrator that was chosen for your mountain man series was perfect!

• Posted January 21, 2015 at 7:46 am | Permalink

Keith,
    I just finished reading “Well Fed.” Another GREAT book in the Mountain Man series. Thanks so much for helping me get the books on my NOOK a year or so back. I have so enjoyed them as has my daughter, Joni. We’re fans for sure! Almost wish there were another book in this series to look forward to, but I understand that they have to end at some point. And this is a good place to leave it be. Going to start reading “Breeds” now.
    Again, thanks so much for the great entertainment.

God bless,
    Michele

• Posted January 21, 2015 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Very glad you enjoyed the books, Michele. All the best to you in 2015…

• Posted February 17, 2015 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Hi Keith – Just completed MM series. Came across completely by chance and really loved it! Thrilling, terrifying, moving and hilarious in turn. Fantastic. Just wanted to drop you a line to congratulate you. Totally opened my eyes to Indy published works. Am sure you are looking into already but after Andy Weir/Martian success surely MM series would be perfect for adaptation to TV/Film, especially after Walking Dead juggernaut. Anyway congrats again and keep on mining the gold:)

Kindest Regards,

Neil C (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)

• Posted February 18, 2015 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Glad you liked the books Neil–you made me day!

Movies are difficult to get going with all the different moving parts (producers, directors etc)–I’m learning that now, but one day, one day… maybe something will develop that will surprise us all…

• Posted June 29, 2015 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

am in the process of reading everything you have written. KICK-ASS

• Posted August 3, 2015 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Mr. Blackmore!
    I’m an avid and veracious reader and just recently discovered the Audible app. The short story “The Hospital” was free to download and listen to and that’s how I got hooked! I had never heard of your writing and was looking for something new. I have since purchased all four books in the Mountain Man sereis. I just finished Book 3 and I am starting Book 4. Please Please Please, keep writing and doing the amazing thing that you do.
    On a side note, and I don’t know if you have any say in this, but a HUGE reason I picked “The Hospital” to listen to was because of the narrator R.C. Bray. I really enjoyed his readings and he narrates all of your ebooks for the Audible app.

• Posted September 3, 2015 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Please, please, please. We need more of your books on audio. I just finished the entire Mountain Man series. It was AWESOME! I couldn’t eat, sleep, or work….seriously addicted. It is very rare that I get this delirious over a book. And you could not have picked a better narrator. RC Bray is one of the best.

I’m seriously on a Mountain Man hangover. I think I’m going through withdrawals. I need more.

• Posted September 29, 2015 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Enjoying Books 1-3. I read on a post from a reader that he did not understand how Gus in Mountain Man could use the gas which was old. In Book 2 ; the author explains that gasoline was improved in the past years and the ethanol retained its use. I enjoyed the fact that the author has high expectations that many things will improved, unfortunately technology does not mean anything when mankind no longer or barely exists. True. Also, my question was answered about why Canada? It is because the author is a Canadian. I enjoy the change.

• Posted September 30, 2015 at 4:21 am | Permalink

Why Canada? Because I’m familiar with the area the first book takes place in. And I wanted to have a zombie story north of the border for a change. All the zombie stories I’d read up to then took place in the US.

• Posted November 3, 2015 at 7:56 am | Permalink

Need more of your books in audio format. I unfortunately can’t find the time to read but love your MM books on the hour drive too and from work.

• Posted November 5, 2015 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Just found the website and wanted to say thank you for sticking with it. I loved the Mountain Man series with all four being great to listen to as I drive via my Audible account having found your stuff initially via the free sample The Hospital. Keep up the good work Captain!

• Posted December 27, 2015 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Keith:

Got The Hospital free from Audible and got hooked. Just downloaded the Mountain Man Omnibus. I am a 64 year old female and hooked on Mountain Man.

Your writing is gritty, blunt and realistic regarding the conditions in a post-apocalyptic situation. I can readily believe that many of the survivors would turn feral and revert to pack behavior, competing with others rather than to the cooperation which would serve them better. So many can’t control their baser instincts.

I have put the fourth book, Well Fed, into my Audible wish list. Looking forward to more RC Bray narration.

• Posted December 28, 2015 at 3:14 am | Permalink

RC is the man. Glad to know you’re enjoying the books. Hope they all meet your approval. Have a good day and Happy New Year 🙂

• Posted December 28, 2015 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

Happy NewYear to you as well.

My sister-in-law is from Norway. I told her you mentioned the “doomsday vault” Svalbard seed bank in your book. She got a kick out of that.

• Posted December 29, 2015 at 10:42 am | Permalink

I just finished the first three books of the Mountain Man series and am starting the fourth. What a great find! Very well written and great stories. Will there be more or is the fourth the last of this series?

• Posted December 29, 2015 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Glad you liked the books but, sorry Phillip, book 4 is the last one.

• Posted December 29, 2015 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I have been reading a lot of John Sanford all his Prey series. I believe the Blackmore Mountain Man books are just as entertaining. I don’t know why he would have a problem getting published.

• Posted January 6, 2016 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Just finished Mountain Man, and downloaded part two and The Hospital. I don’t know how I haven’t heard of your books sooner but suffice to say I’m hooked! I haven’t felt this way about a zombie book in quite some time! I can’t wait to dive into the next one! Good job Keith!

• Posted January 7, 2016 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Glad you like the stories Robin 🙂 .

• Posted January 26, 2016 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Mountain man was an awesome series. The fourth book felt a bit like the Odyssey. Its amazing to read a zombie apocalyptic story wrapped together with such well written prose. I find I’m struck with melancholy knowing its the end of the line but that’s ok. Good job Captain.

• Posted February 7, 2016 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Love. Love. Love your fantasy books. Just finished 131 days book 4, damn you write great characters.
    I buy books on kindle and if I like them I buy a physical copy. I have every book of yours on my shelf.
    Thanks for the great stories.

• Posted February 7, 2016 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Thank you for purchasing and reading–can’t say how much it’s appreciated. I hope to get book 5 out there before year’s end—I hope… :).

• Posted February 7, 2016 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Ged….thank you so much for the comment…I missed that book 4 came out and I love this series! Thanks! Can’t wait to get back in the series Keith…well done!

• Posted March 1, 2016 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

I have read hundreds of Zombie/Post-Apoc books. My favorite series of them all is the Mountain Man series.

The mainstream publishers must be complete idiots not to have snapped this amazing series up.

Even with the conclusion of the series, I still am hoping for another book set in this compelling universe, even if it doesn’t follow the adventures of Gus or Scott.

A prequel, perhaps? The early adventures of Collie and Wallace. The story of Shovel or Sick. More about the initial outbreak. The adventures of new characters. Anything.

More deadheads, please. 😉

• Posted March 3, 2016 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Happy to hear you enjoyed the books–but, sorry man, can’t make any promises regarding more zombie stories. Every time I think I have an idea, the notion of actually starting the project effectively shuts me down. Still too soon, just too soon….

• Posted May 16, 2016 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Will there be a Troll Hunter sequel? Just read it and loved the hell out of it.

• Posted May 21, 2016 at 4:51 am | Permalink

There’s one planned, Tina (thanks for asking) but seeing how the fantasy line is selling (ie very slowly) I’m not sure when I’ll get to it. Best to not expect it until it’s finished 🙂

• Posted May 18, 2016 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Keith,
    I just read your lengthy interview with writing.com and I can’t tell you how impressed I am with you. Your Aunt Bonnie is my neighbours and best friend, so she has often told me about your work.

I wrote a couple of big national #1 bestsellers in the 1990’s be ore I got sick. My publishers were HarperCollins and if you were interested I’d be happy to search out my old contacts and ask if they would meet you for a lunch or a meeting. Bonnie has my home tel. So call me if you like.

Keep up the amazingly good work.
    Hugs and best wishes,
    Nuala

• Posted June 2, 2016 at 12:33 am | Permalink

Just finished Breed and really enjoyed it. It is the first of your books that I have read but definitely not my last. Liked the character

• Posted June 18, 2016 at 2:18 am | Permalink

I stumbled across Mountain Man last year and really enjoyed it. Characters like Gus really keep my attention. I remembered your name when I needed another grizzled horror fix and found Breeds. Just started it yesterday. Good readin’. Love the were genre as long as the cover doesn’t include some shirtless dude who likely isn’t interested in the damsel at his feet (or any for that matter). Good werewolf books are hard to come by. Good job. I was beginning to think I was going to have to re-read Ray Garton but here you are!

• Posted June 18, 2016 at 3:20 am | Permalink

Glad you remembered my name :). Hope the rest of the book works for you. Reading Ray Garton again isn’t a bad thing…

• Posted July 1, 2016 at 5:24 am | Permalink

I really enjoyed 131 days. I enjoyed the characters so much, I wish your novella had not ended!

• Posted July 2, 2016 at 3:32 am | Permalink

There are 3 more books in the series … 🙂

• Posted July 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Hello Keith. I’ve always loved reading horror stories and came across your book Breed on Bookbub a couple of weeks ago. Finished this and straight away downloaded Breed 2 and now reading one of the Mountain Man books. I get so little done once I start reading one of your books. I love your writing style. The pace of your stories, the way you build characters, the banter and your wit. I’ve never left a comment regarding any book before but felt compelled to do so. I’m hooked and thanks.

• Posted July 12, 2016 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you for taking the chance and reading 🙂

• Posted July 16, 2016 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

I had previously read the Mountain Man series and absolutely loved that. A good and different take on zombies and the end of the world. Gotta love poor Gus because of everything he goes through yet he remains sane ( with a little help from Capt. Morgan). Anyway, when I came across Breeds I just had to read it. Thought it was super great. Werewolves with morals, wow. Now off to read Breeds 2 which I know will be every bit as good as the first.
    Keep the books coming and we will keep reading them!!

• Posted July 17, 2016 at 2:06 am | Permalink

Glad to hear you liked the books 🙂

• Posted July 21, 2016 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Hey Keith,

Please get all your books on audible!

Sincerely,

Everyone

• Posted July 21, 2016 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Ah, there’s a problem there. I’m up in Canada and, as of yet, ACX doesn’t offer its services to writers like myself. I keep pestering them, however, so maybe it’ll change. Or another corporate entity with access to Audible (or a different vendor entirely) will come along and offer an alternative. Rest assured that if I can produce audio versions for my whole back catalog (and forward) I will 🙂

• Posted August 22, 2016 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

I just finished Breeds. What a hoot! I loved the twists! You made me cringe and you made me laugh! Good job!! Any hope of the story of Ross Kelly? I am about to check out your other works, so I will look for it!

Good for you on finding a different avenue to get published!

• Posted August 23, 2016 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Thanks for reading, Holly. Glad you enjoyed the book, but sorry, no plans for Ross to have his own story.

• Posted August 27, 2016 at 2:14 am | Permalink

So I just finished Breeds2! And yes, clearly I stayed up all night to read it! What a Gory delight! I can’t wait to see what you have in store for these two partners going forward! Until you publish the continuation, what would you suggest I delve into next in your collection?

I am really enjoying reading the Horror genre again. I have not read Horror in many years, not since Steven King maybe 20 years ago. Thanks for re-ignighting my interest in the macabre!

• Posted August 27, 2016 at 4:25 am | Permalink

Glad to hear it :). Mountain Man is the most popular these days, if you haven’t read it already.

• Posted September 7, 2016 at 10:41 am | Permalink

I have trouble seeing to read so the audio books are such a blessing. I used read a lot. I love your books. Listening to Breeds now. Sean sounds a bit like Clint Eastwood. Now that is cool. Thank you for your books.

• Posted September 20, 2016 at 9:33 am | Permalink

I just finished The Mountain Man Omnibus narrated by R. C. Bray and I LOVED IT! I just went back onto Amazon and saw you have a Book 4, and I’m thrilled. Thank you so much!

• Posted September 23, 2016 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Glad you liked it Jenny 🙂

• Posted October 4, 2016 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Just got done driving 27 hours straight; listened to The Mountain Man Omnibus narrated by R. C. Bray. I’m almost done with the last book. I really like the story. I wish this was a video game or a movie.

• Posted October 5, 2016 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Jeez I wouldn’t mind a video game either. Not a bad idea at all.

• Posted October 5, 2016 at 9:45 am | Permalink

I cannot tell you how much I admire your work. The pictures you paint are so vivid I feel as if I’m right there. Currently I’m hooked on your Mountain Man series (but who isn’t) and have read the first 2 books within 3 days. You’re an amazingly talented writer! I’m really glad you get a chance to do what you really love.

• Posted October 5, 2016 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Thank you Christine. 🙂

• Posted October 12, 2016 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

I had preordered Breeds 2 after I’d learned about it from you. Thanks. My son and I were exited to finally download it yesterday. It’s great, it’s freaking great! And I get a kick out of the humor. How in the world do you come up with that stuff. I actually laugh out loud sometimes. And now I have to find that beer Kirk bought, Alexander something or other. I’m in Oklahoma so don’t know if I can get it here but I’ll try. Thanks for the great stories. I’m am fanatically addicted to your tales.

• Posted October 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Glad you liked the story, Eddie.
    The beer is “Alexander Keith’s” and it’s been a while since I’ve had it. http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/keiths
    I also like Moosehead Dry, but, yeah, might be hard to find down your way. Have fun looking. And if you do find a place that does imports, Kirin is a very good Japanese lager, as is Hite, which is South Korean. OB Cass is another lager and, like the others, best when one is really thirsty. 🙂

• Posted November 24, 2016 at 8:42 am | Permalink

I started with Hospital, went through the Mountain man books and then Breeds. Then the 131 books, and now on Breeds 2. I love love love your writing! Please tell me when a new 131 book will come out? I have to know what happens to Pig Knot and Halm and Junger (new fav) and all your gladiators! I think you are at least as good as when Stephen King started writing. He comes no where near you though now. Glad I found your books. Hope you are writing another 131 days book! I miss them already!

• Posted November 24, 2016 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Glad you liked the books. I miss the 131 Days books too, which is a good sign… 🙂

• Posted December 17, 2016 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Hey Keith,
    I’m a big fan of your work. I found you on Audible with the free Hospital book and instantly got hooked on the Mountain Man series. I just finished book Breeds 2, and I’m now patiently waiting for Breeds 3. I see the kindle version was just released. Any idea when Breeds 3 will be available on Audible?

thanks,
    andrew

• Posted December 18, 2016 at 2:38 am | Permalink

Sorry, no idea. Probably best to ask Podium, or come back here in a few months for updates. All depends on how busy Sean is and what’s open in his schedule. He’s a busy guy.

• Posted December 18, 2016 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Okay, I’ll keep patiently waiting :). btw, I stumbled across your writing by looking for additional books narrated by RC Bray. Bray narrated the Martian on audbile, and he did a fantastic job. Under Brays profile, the Hospital was at the top of the list, and free. What a great way to introduce fans to your work. I’m also a fan of good marketing, and thought I’d provide some feedback. keep up the good work!

• Posted December 18, 2016 at 8:00 am | Permalink

one more question, then i’ll leave you alone. Any plans for your other books to go into audio or audible format?

Merry Christmas

• Posted December 19, 2016 at 3:32 am | Permalink

No plans right now, but all subject to change. And Merry Christmas right back atcha.

• Posted December 18, 2016 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Hi Keith,

Found your book “Mountain Man” on iTunes and loved it, so downloaded the rest of the series up to ‘”well fed”. Keep up the great work,

Had a look at the other posts above, so will follow up with 131 and Breeds.

Best of Luck

• Posted December 19, 2016 at 3:46 am | Permalink

Thanks for taking the chance on the books :).

• Posted February 14, 2017 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Hello Keith, I have recently been exposed to your work and wanted to say Horror and zombies wasn’t any of the genres I was interested in however you are a great writer and I listened to your audiobooks. Tried the short free sample of The Hospital and it went from there. I was impressed by the reader too and really hope he and you continue with your other books including 131 days as an audio version. Just wanted to say thanks. Its the beginning of 2017 and I hope its a full on year for you. Cheers

• Posted February 27, 2017 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Just wrapped up your Mountain Man series. Loved it. Thank you for making my work commute less of a horror. To continued success.

• Posted April 14, 2017 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Hello Keith and greetings from Norway.
    I just wanted to let you know that you are a superb writer, and one of the few ones I actually follow up regularly to check for new releases.

I have read the Mountain Man series (which got me totally hooked), some of your single books like The Missing Boatman, and recently the entire 131 Days series.

Please for the love of God continue writing! I am crossing every limb I have for more books in the Mountain Man and 131 Days series.

Just to throw in something constructive: You have a unique way of describing people and their behaviors, giving the readers a front row seat into their minds. Also, you have a way of combining this with humor. Keep doing what you do.

A bottle of Captain Morgan makes me chuckle and will never be the same to me again.

Have a lovely Easter.

Daniel
    Norway

• Posted April 14, 2017 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Thanks for the support Daniel–and Happy Easter right back atcha. 🙂

• Posted April 15, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Sir, I am a huge fan. I caught on to your books through Audible, having (sadly) not encountered you before. I have trouble reading visually, so I was delighted to find something so well written, which was also well read.

I am a big fan of Gus. As a middle aged man, I immediately associated with him and felt all of his pains (The TEETH!) and triumphs.

Please do know that you are reaching people who love your work. Please continue to publish on Audible, so I can live more in Gus’s evolving world.

• Posted April 16, 2017 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Thanks for listening Hal–audio’s expensive but I’ll see what I can do in the future regarding more audio versions of my books.

• Posted April 16, 2017 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

I concur with Hal’s comment. Keith you are my favorite horror author. I will listen to any book you publish on Audible! I hope to see more of the werewolf guys. Those were awesome stories.

• Posted July 5, 2017 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Hi!

It was a dark and stormy night….2 days ago when I went searching through my Nook for a good, intense, juicy story to read. I read constantly, I am an elemntary school librarian during most of the year. I was getting a little tired of the juvenile genre and wanted to get sucked into an amazing new series! You did it, I’m hooked! I read Mountain Man not sure what to expect. Your story took me on a dark ride, I loved the suspense along with the soul of the characters. Each time I became complacent and thought I knew what would happen next…BAM..you hit me with a new twist! Can’t wait to start the next book in the series! I’m going to also look for your childrens book, I love bringing a new author into my students lives!

• Posted July 5, 2017 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear the book worked for you. The children’s book was for my niece. I had fun writing it but (shrugs) it was my first attempt at children’s lit, so be warned… 🙂