Merging 131 Books One and Two into Single Volume

 

 

As of today, I combined book 1 and 2 of the “131 Days” series into one volume.

 

I did this to make use of promotional sites that wouldn’t accept book 1 of “131 Days” because it was in novella format. Most promo sites don’t advertise 100 page novellas. They prefer longer works. Thus, I’m hoping that the new format will attract new readers to the series.

 

So, if you were one of the people who purchased book 1 the .99 cent novella…. Amazon has just notified me that you can download the update through their “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.

 

For a limited time, “131 Days” will be on sale for .99 cents. I do plan to increase the price for the combined volume to $4.99 eventually.

 

If you already have the other two books, then you’re good… just be aware that the series order will now reflect the changes thus:

 

Book 1: 131 Days (which now contains part 1 and part 2, previously called “Ten.”)

Book 2: House of Pain

Book 3: Spikes and Edges.

 

Before I did this, I read book 1 again and corrected a few things, did a little rewriting, and then carried onto book 2 (without rewrites) . Well. I can tell you there’s a noticeable difference in style from those two books and book 3, and for the better. I expect that there’s another change in style from book 3 to 4, but perhaps not as striking.

 

The work changes. You learn how to do things better, how to get your scenes across without being as wordy, and generally improve upon the craft. I recently went and did a light rewrite of “The Hospital” just to clean up a few things I noticed, and the difference in writing style between that first Mountain Man book to, say, “Well Fed” is eye-popping.

 

I have a new cover for “The Troll Hunter”–beautiful cover for the book done by James T. Egan of Bookfly Design, which I held onto since August of this year. My intent was to do a light rewrite of that novel as well, to reflect the new cover. Well, when I started it, I soon realized the style was so different to what I’m producing today, that a “light” rewrite would soon become a time consuming endeavor. I’ve decided to upload that new cover, but place the rewrite on the back burner for now. The story isn’t bad one… just rough.

 

In any case, the nice thing is… the work is improving (subjective, but I think so), and going forward, I hope that I’ll spend less time on rewrites, and more time to getting things right the first time around.

 

Gonna be interesting when I look back at my books released in 2015-2016 and compare them to the ones in 2020… :).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Close Menu